T-Levels

T-Levels

1 T-Level = Equivalent = 3 A-Levels

T Levels are coming soon to Kidderminster College!

From September 2023 you’ll be able to study a T Level at Kidderminster College, giving you an alternative to A Levels, apprenticeships and other 16 to 19 courses.

T Levels at Kidderminster College

We’re excited to be able to offer T Levels at Kidderminster College from September 2023. 

T Levels are a new alternative to A Levels, apprenticeships and other 16 to 19 courses. Equivalent to 3 A Levels, a T Level focuses on vocational skills and can help you progress into skilled employment, higher study
or apprenticeships.

OUR COURSES:

*T Level courses are currently pending approval and Kidderminster College will take all reasonable steps to provide the courses as described in this guide.

In the event that we are unable to deliver specific T Level pathways, we will communicate to applicants and work to find alternative and suitable programmes.

tleveldigital
tlevelsearlyyears
tlevelelectrotechnical
tlevelhealth

FAQs

Do I have to study a T Level?

No, we still offer other vocational options for 16 – 19 year olds that will allow you to progress to higher study, apprenticeships or employment, as well as apprenticeships of all levels.

Where can I progress after completing a T Level?

T Levels are equivalent to three A Levels, so you can progress wherever you wish to! You can choose to progress to a degree or other higher study or apprenticeship, or you can go straight into skilled employment.

How are T Levels different to A Levels?

T Levels are designed to get you the practical skills you need, while A Levels focus more on theory.

One T Level is equivalent to three A Levels and you’ll still be awarded UCAS points. This is because on a T Level, you study one subject with different pathways, in order to gain in depth knowlege and skills in your chosen area.

Each T Level is a two year programme and includes an industry placement that lasts at least 45 days. You’ll spend 80% of your time in the classroom learning the skills that employers need, and the other 20% in industry, putting these skills into action and gaining real experience.

How are T Levels different from Apprenticeships?

T Levels are designed to bring classroom learning and work experience closer together and you’ll spend 80% of your time in the classroom learning the skills, with the other 20% spent in the workplace putting them into practice.

This is different from an apprenticeship, where the focus is more on workplace training. On an apprenticeship, you spend 80% of your time in a real, full-time job, with 20% of the time spent in a classroom being supported.

Can I start my T Level now?

Not quite yet, our T Levels will launch in September 2023, but we are now accepting applications. Head over to www.kidderminster.ac.uk/apply to apply

What qualifications do I need to study a T Level?

You’ll usually need around four GCSEs at grade 6 or above, including maths and English to study a T Level. Each course is different, so please check the entry requirements of the T Level you’re interested in.

We use cookies to personalize your experience. By continuing to visit this website you agree to our use of cookies – View more
I Accept All Cookies