November is Men’s Mental Health Month. It’s important to get talking and here’s why:
- In England, one in eight men have a common mental health problem such as depression, anxiety, panic disorder, or OCD.
- Men are three times more likely to die from suicide compared to women.
- Men aged 40 – 49 have the highest suicide rate.
- Men are less likely than women to access psychological therapies, only 36% of referrals to NHS talking therapies are for men.
- 87% of rough sleepers are men.
- 9.7% of men aged 16-24 report having self-harmed at some point in their life.