Here at #TEAMKC we run commercial salons where learners from Level 1, 2 and 3 gain a high standard of industry training. All of the learners here at Kidderminster complete work experience at salons within the community enhancing their progress and employability prospects. During your time here you will also gain experience in competition work, competing at regional and national level.
Throughout this qualification you will develop:
- Shampooing skills
- Styling women’s hair
- Develop knowledge of different hair types
- Health & Safety requirements
- How to present yourself within the hairdressing industry
- How to section hair effectively
- How to apply temporary colour
This qualification will provide you with the requisite knowledge, understanding and skills to work competently as a hairdresser.
Throughout this qualification you will:
- Ensure responsibility to reduce risks to health and safety,
- Give customers a positive impression
- Advise and consult with clients
- Learn how to shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Be taught how to change hair colour
- How to cut hair using basic techniques,
- How to style and finish hair
- How to set and dress hair.
We do offer trips and enrichment activities throughout the course, and learners will have the opportunity to enter external hairdressing competition.
The Level 3 Diploma in Hairdressing is a technical level qualification for learners seeking a career as an employed and/or self-employed hairdresser/stylist. This qualification is based on Hairdressing National Occupational Standards (NOS) and is recognised by the UK’s lead hairdressing professional association (The Hairdressing Council) to prepare learners for a career as a senior hairdresser/stylist.
Learners should hold a Level 2 qualification in hairdressing prior to undertaking this qualification.
The qualification requires learners to work in a commercial hairdressing salon whereby assessments must be carried out on real paying clients in line with commercial service times.
Level 3 Course content covers:
- All aspects of working in a unisex hairdressing salon
- Creative cutting
- Hair colour and colour correction
- Styling and dressing hair for a variety of looks
- Applying and removing hair extensions
- Advice and consultation
- Health and safety
- How to organise a hair show or photo shoot.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for any of our Hairdressing courses please click here.