Kidderminster College Ofsted Report 23/09/2016
We are very pleased to announce that Kidderminster College has been assessed as a Grade 2 Good by Ofsted as part of NCG.
All four colleges were inspected in May this year, with the report now available here
“I am really pleased that the hard work of staff and learners has led to inspectors recognising that this is a GOOD college” said Andy Dobson, Principal at Kidderminster College.
Andy added: “I am sure that this will give people applying to study or work here real confidence that they will be joining a college where they can succeed”
Joe Docherty, Chief Executive of NCG said: “I was delighted to see that inspectors recognise our teams dedication and commitment, and highlight the excellent support they provide to our learners.”
Summary of key findings from the report
- The chief executive has successfully established a more collaborative and consultative management culture that effectively engages and motivates staff and partners for the benefit of learners.
- Learners develop a good range of vocational and practical skills, and a high proportion progress to apprenticeships, work or higher-level study.
- Governors and senior leaders have invested in high quality, industry-standard resources that help learners make better progress.
- Leaders and managers plan a broad and varied curriculum that is highly responsive to meeting local priorities and employer demand.
- Staff provide excellent support to learners and create a positive rapport in the classrooms.
- Teachers have engaged enthusiastically in the college’s extensive professional development programme with the result that the quality of teaching and learning has improved.
- As a result of leaders’ and managers’ strong focus on continuous improvement across complex and disparate provision, weaknesses identified in the self-assessment reports have been dealt with.
The full report can be found here.