The HNC/HND In Early Childhood and Care is an excellent opportunity for those wishing to enhance their knowledge and practice in the childcare sector. This reputable qualification is a stepping stone to access further higher education, as well as enhancing career prospects.
The course looks at innovative approaches in the ever changing early years industry, giving knowledge from experienced tutors, and practitioners, during a mandatory placement. The course is suited to individuals who have completed a level 3 early years/childcare qualification, and want to further progress. Placement experience, theory, dynamic teaching combined with a supportive enrichment programme prepares learners for the next stage of their journey into further education and careers.
DISCLAIMER: NCG (the institution which Kidderminster College belongs to) is currently undergoing Indefinite Degree Awarding Powers assessment. Read more about what this means about our offer here.
● A BTEC Level 3 Early Years Educator (or related subject) qualification
● A GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades A* to C and/or 9 to 4 (or equivalent) in subjects such as maths and English
● A* to C grades and/or 9 to 4 in English Language and GCSE Maths (or equivalent) are strongly recommended.
● Other related Level 3 qualifications
● An Access to Higher Education Diploma awarded by an approved further education institution
● Related work experience
● An international equivalent of the above.
Unit 1: Reflective Practice
Unit 2: Protecting Children
Unit 3: Play and learning
Unit 4: Child Development (babies and toddlers)
Unit 5: Child Development (young children)
Unit 6: Healthy Living
Unit 7: Research
Unit 8: Inclusive Practice
Apply online: https://www.kidderminster.ac.uk/he-applications-form/
£8,150 per yearDuration : 2 Years