Location: Kidderminster College, Market Street
Qualification Gained: City & Guilds Level 3 T Level in Construction: Building Services Engineering - Electrotechnical Engineering
More about the course
Do you want to work in the construction industry as a qualified electrician? Do you have a logical mind but also want to work in a hands-on role?
This T Level in Electrotechnical Engineering will help you to develop the knowledge and skills that you need to work in the Building Services Engineering industry and allow you to specialise as an installation or maintenance electrician.
On this two-year course, you'll spend most of your time in college learning the theoretical and practical skills you will need, studying a range of topics from health and safety to the principles of construction design, and sustainability to systems and components. You will complete the course with the ability to install, maintain and decommission electrotechnical systems, along with a solid understanding of the industry.
You will be taught by tutors who have years of experience working in the industry and undertake a work placement with an employer for a minimum of 45 days throughout your course, giving you the chance to put your new skills into practice and be prepared to thrive in the workplace.
Alongside your studies, you will have the chance to take part in competitions including SkillBuild and inter-college competitions to showcase your skills.
You will also have the opportunity to gain your CSCS card which allows you to work on a building site.
*Subject to approval - please refer to Course Information for further details.
You will study the following core modules:
· Health and safety in construction
· Construction science and principles
· Construction design principles
· Construction and the built environment
· Construction sustainability principles
· Construction measurement principles
· Building technology principles
· Construction information principles
· Relationship management in construction
· Digital technology in construction
· Construction commercial/business principles
· Building services
· Engineering systems
· Maintenance principles
· Tools equipment and materials
Alongside your studies you will undertake a substantial work experience placement of at least 45 days.
You will require a minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade 5 or above, including English.
You may also be required to participate in an assessment to ensure suitability ahead of enrolment.
On completion of this course, you can progress into industry through an apprenticeship or an entry level role. Alternatively, you can progress into higher education.
* T Level courses are currently pending approval and Kidderminster College will take all reasonable steps to provide the courses as described in this guide. In the event that we are unable to deliver specific T Level pathways, we will communicate to applicants and work to find alternative and suitable programmes.
Equivalent to 3 A Levels
T Levels are an alternative to A levels, apprenticeships and other 16 to 19 courses. Equivalent in size to 3 A levels, a T Level focuses on vocational skills and can help students into skilled employment, higher study or apprenticeships.