This course is delivered on a flexible online basis. The purpose of this qualification is to increase the learner's knowledge and awareness of the Prevent Duty and safeguarding, including online safety.
By completing the qualification, learners will develop knowledge of:
• Understanding the Prevent Duty
• Understanding Safeguarding
• Understanding Online Safety
No formal entry requirements, preferably good levels of Maths, English and ICT.
Learners must meet funding criteria for eligibility.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• NCFE CACHE Level 3 qualifications in Supporting Teaching and Learning
• Level 3 qualifications in Working with Children and Young People
• Level 3 Certificate in Working with Vulnerable Young People
Level 2 Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent
This is a distance learning course, it is online flexible.
You will complete assessment questions based on the workbook content which will be marked by your tutor/assessor. Knowledge tasks are set through the workbook, these will not be formally marked.
Apply online at www.kidderminster.ac.uk/apply
Hours of study are flexible - learners should create a study timetable for themselves