This course is delivered on a flexible online basis. The purpose of this qualification is to increase learner's knowledge and awareness of children and young people's mental health.
By completing the qualification, learners will develop knowledge of:
• children and young people's mental health in context
• mental health problems commonly associated with children and young people
• the impact of mental ill-health on children and young people
• support available to maintain mental wellbeing in children and young people.
No formal entry requirements, preferably good levels of Maths, English and ICT.
Learners must meet funding criteria for eligibility
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health
• Level 3 Award in the Awareness of the Mental Capacity Act 2005
• Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce (England)
• Level 3 Award/Certificate/Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning.
Level 2 Understanding Children and Young People's Mental Health
This is a distance learning course, it is online flexible
You will complete assessment questions based on the workbook content which will be marked by your tutor/assessor. Knowledge tasks are set through the workbook, these will not be formally marked.
Apply online at www.kidderminster.ac.uk/apply
Hours of study are flexible - learners should create a study timetable for themselves