Due to the ongoing and changeable COVID-19 situation, Kidderminster College may implement changes to support. For example, we may issue cash payments towards meals in the result of another lockdown.
Household income evidence
Students and parent(s)/guardian(s) should be made aware that giving false or incomplete information that leads to incorrect/overpayment may result in future payments being stopped and any incorrectly paid funds being recovered. They should also be informed that this might result in a referral to the police with the possibility of the student and/or their family facing prosecution.
It is the responsibility of the student/parent(s)/guardian(s)/partner or spouse to provide the household income evidence required in order to be assessed. The evidence requested enables Kidderminster College to ensure that Learner Support Funds are following the guidelines set by the Department of Education, and therefore any evidence provided is open to audit. In order to comply with funding regulations, Learner Support Funds hold the right to not accept an application until satisfied that the evidence and the household income assessment is accurate. Until the household can provide the evidence requested, the application will not be accepted and support may be delayed.
Payments are processed in accordance with a payment schedule. Students will not be able to receive funding prior to the date stated on their payment schedule. The financial support, including travel and meal support is only valid between the course start and end dates. If the student finds that they need to come to college after the course end date, for revision sessions, re-sits etc., our financial support offer does not cover these scenarios and the student will be responsible for any costs associated with attending these sessions.
Learner Support Funds may withhold financial support if the student does not adhere to the following conditions:
- Students must achieve satisfactory attendance.
- Students must maintain a level of good behavior and behave in a way, which respects the needs and aspirations of others to learn, teach and live within the community of the College when using any of the College facilities.
- All monies or support received must be used for the purpose intended. If the student is unsure of the purpose of support, please ask a Student Adviser.
- Students must not allow others to access or use any part of their support.
- Students must only access their meal entitlement on days that they are timetabled
Students must inform the Student Experience Team of any changes to their course and/or timetable. We need to ensure the correct support is in place i.e. days for travel & meals and equipment. If the student has received course related equipment for the course in which they first enrolled, they may not receive additional course related costs for a secondary enrolment. Course equipment will be required to be returned to the department at the end of study.
If your course requires coursework outside of your lessons and you do not have access to a computer/laptop at home- You may be eligible to apply for a laptop from us. This must then be returned at the end of your study.
In signing the declaration form, Kidderminster College have the student’s consent to provide the travel pass companies with information in order to provide travel support. We offer the most cost-effective method. We are unable to offer travel support based on student preference. A journey planner will be completed on assessment to determine which pass is awarded. If you don’t agree with the travel provided, you have a right to appeal, on the basis there is a medical reason as to why a particular transport cannot be used. The Bursary Fund Manager will contact you with the outcome of your appeal.
If the student withdraws from their course they must inform the Student Experience Team immediately and ensure that they do the following:
- Refund such sums as may be determined by Learner Support Funds.
- Return any travel passes to the Student Experience Team. If the travel pass is not returned, Learner Support Funds will withhold all Learner Support Funds in future academic years. (Travel passes MUST NOT be sent in the post but returned directly to the Student Experience Team.)
- All items purchased by the Learner Support Funds remain the property of the college and must be returned if learners do not complete their course.
Learner Support Funds will maintain confidentially of all applications.